The New Mexico State Soccer Association (NMSSA) is the governing body for adult soccer in the U.S. state of New Mexico. By agreement with the state associations in neighboring states our territory extends to towns outside of New Mexico, such as Durango, CO and El Paso, TX. NMSSA is an active member of the United States Adult Soccer Association (USASA), which is a member of the United States Soccer Federation (USSF). USSF is a member of Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), the world governing body for the sport of association football. NMSSA is a member of USASA’s Region IV.
NMSSA’s goal is to promote soccer as a competitive and recreational sport for adults, and to provide the infrastructure and assistance to our affiliated leagues to support their efforts at running soccer leagues and tournaments.
Organizations offering soccer league play to their communities can benefit from affiliation with NMSSA in several ways:
- Excellent supplemental injury insurance for players, coaches, and referees, with low premiums
- Access to USSF trained and certified referees
- Participation in local and regional workshops and seminars addressing the issues of running soccer leagues
- Representation at USASA and USSF meetings
- Access to USASA’s online registration and league management system
League affiliation is available to any non-profit organization or municipality which organizes a soccer league (indoor, outdoor, futsal) for adults. If you are interested in affiliating your league please contact us for more information.
In order to promote inter-league, and inter-state, playing opportunities NMSSA hosts several tournaments each year. Read more…
NMSSA also provides support to leagues, players, and referees through several targeted programs. Read more…